Friday, January 6, 2012

[Article] Oxygen

It is now evident to me that I did virtually everything wrong in regards to my health as a child. Everything from sleeping inconsistently to eating loads of fresh fries to getting virtually no exercise whatsoever.

At a recent lecture I attended I learned more about the role of oxygen and the importance of getting enough oxygen. It is a fascinating topic which I will undoubtedly research further in the future.



Raederle Phoenix, November 2011
Photo taken by timer, set by Raederle
Layering of three photos done in Photoshop by Raederle

Before I get to the notes I took from the lecture, I'd like to share something else I stumbled upon today. This strongly reinforces my commitment to being my own best doctor:

According to Jesse Schwartz, PhD:

Every year, 7.5 million unnecessary medical and surgical procedures are performed.

At least 106,000 people die every year from adverse drug reactions.

A mere 6% of all adverse drug reactions are properly identified. (Meaning the number above could only be 6% of those who die from adverse drug reactions yearly.)

Most side effects are mistaken for new disease symptoms leading to further drugging and unnecessary medical procedures.

The mortality rate for people between 45 to 64 who took prescription drugs correctly, rose 90% in just five years.

Dr. Mercola tells us:

Deaths caused by conventional medicine in ten years: approximately 8,000,000. That’s more than all the casualties from all the wars America has fought in its entire history”.
[begin notes]

Oxygen
Notes from a lecture on oxygen and the importance of pure air.

We need oxygen to survive. It is a vital element.

Oxygen:
  • Vitalizes
  • Invigorates
  • Sooths Nerves

Oxygen deprivation is called hypoxia.

Hypoxia:
  • Fatigue
  • Lethargy
  • Nausea
  • Headaches
  • (extreme case) Blue lips
  • (extreme case) Blue fingertips

Lack of oxygen around the cells causes cells to clump together and lose oxygen carrying capacity. Cigarette smoke in particular causes this. Oxygen deprivation and dehydration play off of each other; dehydration reduces lung capacity. Oxygen deprivation lessens the ability of cells to become hydrated.

Oxygen received by the body can be increased by environment, breathing patterns and by the foods we consume.
Oxygen received by the body can be decreased by pollution, breathing habits and by poor dietary habits.

Positive Ions [More Carbon Dioxide Than Oxygen]:
  • are Heavy
  • cause Aches
  • are Depressing
  • are in the air Before a Thunderstorm

Positive Ions [More Carbon Dioxide Than Oxygen] are caused by:
  • Stove heat (artificial indoor heating)
  • Industry cars
  • Chimneys
  • Smoking cigarettes / smoking in general

Negative Ions [High Oxygen Molecule]:
  • are Light
  • are Energizing

Negative Ions [High Oxygen Molecule] are created:
  • during Thunderstorms
  • by Waves, Oceans, Waterfalls
  • within Forests

To Increase Oxygen:

  • Avoid stove heat (use a heat lamp, a rice bag, an electric blanket, hot water, etc, but not a furnace)
  • Oxygen carrying capacity in the bloodstream can be increased by consuming fresh raw beets or fresh raw beet juice.
  • Wide-leave plants take in more carbon dioxide and put out more oxygen. Spend time around these plants.
  • Avoid heavy metals, such as mercury (all sea food has a dangerous amount of mercury; shrimp contains a slightly less dangerous amount)
  • Sit up straight and increase abdominal muscular strength; a straight back promotes deep breathing
  • Wear loose clothing; skin needs air just like every other aspect of the body
  • Breath through the nose and fill up the diaphragm; "Belly breathing" promotes oxygen within the body
  • Exercise vigorously each day; exercise promotes deep breathing; ideally exercise should take place outdoors near wide-leaf plants

All good things in moderation. Work and play are both good, and should both come in moderation.

All poisons do not come in the "moderation" category. They come in the "never" category. We do not want nuclear radiation in moderation, or bleach added to our water in moderation.

Moderation:
  • Work
  • Play

Never:
  • White Sugar / Sweeteners (pancreas abuse, gum damage, serotonin response damage, hormonal imbalance, weight gain)
  • Caffeine (seven cups of coffee per day will cause a mental illness. coffee poured on rose bushes will wilt the roses)
  • Chemicals (anything artificially concentrated)
  • Mercury
  • Tobacco (causes thin arteries)
  • Drugs (all alien substances, including margarine)
  • Mono-sodium-glutamate (hidden in ingredient lists under "natural flavorings" and "flavorings")
[conclusion of notes]

The above I've done no further research to back up in particular. Those are the notes from a single lecture I attended. However, some of the content I was already aware of. For example, after reading The Sugar Blues I had no doubt that white sugar and other sweeteners have no place in any diet, whatsoever. It is well documented that sugar is toxic, addictive, and extremely negatively life-altering. When I see children with candy my heart aches. It's not doing someone a favor to give them a sweetened junk item.

I don't drink coffee anymore, but not because I ever started avoiding caffeine. I've known that it could cause migraines and shakiness, but to go so far as to say that seven cups of coffee a day would cause mental illness or to go so far as to say that coffee should never be consumed... Well, this is not a concept I'm terribly familiar with.

I eliminated coffee from my diet at the same time as white sugar. I always used to put cream and sugar heavily in each cup of coffee I drank. The idea of consuming black coffee never appealed to me at all.

I did still drink green tea on occasion. When I learned that black, green and white teas have caffeine, I was unconcerned. However, in hearing whispers in the wind about caffeine, I decided I didn't need any tea but herbal tea, and I discarded black, green and white teas from my diet. After-all, the concept of roasting something to increase caffeine content just sounds like messing with nature to me.

As a last note on tea, it is obvious to me that the most sensible tea is sun tea: tea created by putting herbs into a glass pitcher of water in the sun. Unfortunately, I currently live somewhere that lacks in sunlight. Needless to say, I'm not going to be able to live here forever, even if it is just for that reason alone.

I was not aware, previously to the lecture, that mercury was linked to oxygen deprivation. As you may know, if you've read my story, I bit a thermometer as a toddler. Biting a glass thermometer had two repercussions: glass in my teeth and mercury in my stomach. I don't remember my stomach being pumped, but I do recall the glass being picked from my teeth.

Now you know why nobody uses glass thermometers anymore.

In any event, mercury poisoning that severe can have effects for twenty years or more. I turn twenty-three this month, and that happened to me at the age of three. So thus far, my entire life has been in the show of metal poisoning.

Beyond that, my mother has amalgam fillings, which I often call "mercury fillings" since they contain mercury. Containing such fillings when pregnant exposes the fetus to mercury in levels higher than considered safe. This means I already had a mild case of mercury toxicity at birth.

If you combine this information with the fact that I outright refused to drink water as a child, it suddenly becomes crystal clear why my lungs always burned terribly if I tried to run or play with other children. It was simply a need of oxygen and water.

I thank you for reading!

If you'd like to support me, this blog, and my continued research consider buying one of my week-long meal plans.

~ Raederle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What brings you here? What are you thoughts? Do you consider yourself a raw foodist? Approximately how much of your diet is raw? Do you consider yourself healthy? What would you like to see more of on this blog? Will you be back? Is this too many questions?