Sunday, October 23, 2011

[Blog] 42-Day Balancing Regime Complete

I made it through 42 days. True, I didn't do 100% perfectly what I set out to do, but I didn't give up. I'm quite proud of myself.

The diet's purpose and aims were outlined in my first entry about the 42-day fast from sweet fruits.

My origional aims were modified somewhat; I went beyond abstaining from sweet fruits, and for a time abstained from fat, and emphasized vegetable juice, as is explained in my first entry written during the regime.

At the half-way point I wrote an update on my progress, which clarified some concenrns I mentioned in the previous two entries to that.

This is probably my last entry about it. I completed the process about a week ago now, and I've been terribly busy and been positively delighted to return to making smoothies several times a day. It's faster than making juice, and more delightful usually.

What I gained from the 42-day experience:

I most certainly have much healthier intestinal flora, as indicated by some of the following
My gums seem to be consistently not bleeding when I brush
The breakouts I've been experiencing since the move (April 2011) are significantly decreased
My energy level is excellent
My lung capacity is improved; I can run for longer than ever without my lungs burning at all
I've discovered at least five completely new ways to make savory meals (without any sweet)
I now like the taste of many more new vegetables, such as celery, carrots, and pickles
I feel more control over my cravings and food desires
I feel more in control of my life
I've learned how to make vegetable juices I enjoy
I've detoxed from metal poisoning; cilantro no longer tastes like pennies
I love lettuce more than ever

A full log of what I ate for these forty-two days is posted here.

I'm also glad it's over. I'll do more regimes in the future, but hopefully I will not have to abstain from bananas for so long ever again. My husband I delightedly bought a 40 pound crate of bananas two days go.

If you have not noticed, there is a new tab at the top called "Food Pyramid" which contains my newly updated food pyramid, with a detailed description of the pyramid, and a sample day's menu. I'd love to hear your feedback on it.

To share your thoughts on the pyramid with a wider audiance, and to get faster feedback, comment on the pyramid's facebook location.


Thanks for stopping by!

~ Raederle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What brings you here? What are you thoughts? Do you consider yourself a raw foodist? Approximately how much of your diet is raw? Do you consider yourself healthy? What would you like to see more of on this blog? Will you be back? Is this too many questions?