The above video is of a man who I saw speak in person shortly before I went 100% raw vegan in September 2010. After hearing him speak in front of you it's hard not to get your act together.
Still working up to a thirty-day juice feast with only three exceptions to the all juice and smoothie rule: grapefruits, melons and durians. I expect to do something along the lines of the following (as this is what I'm moving towards in baby steps at the moment):
Example of a day's menu #1:
Breakfast: Smoothie made up of: bananas, frozen berries, water, seasonings
Brunch: Half a grapefruit
Lunch: Juice made up of oranges, water, grapefruit, lemon and some vegetable and/or other citrus
Snack: Smoothie made up of: bananas, mango, water, seasonings
Dinner: Juice made up of carrots, oranges and/or apples, celery and/or spinach
Example of a day's menu #2:
Breakfast: A large portion of a watermelon
Brunch: A smoothie with bananas, raw cocoa, mango and water
Lunch: Juice made up of watermelon and a small portion of vegetable
Snack: Smoothie made up of: bananas, plum, frozen berries and water
Dinner: Juice made up of carrots, oranges and/or pineapple, cucumber and some added vegetable
Full "exceptions" to the fluid-rule list: cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, grapefruit, durian, pummelo (like a grapefruit) and at one point during the month I expect to eat a quarter of an avocado to ensure I get a small amount of healthy fats that isn't just from happenstance-juiced-seeds or durian (a fatty tropical fruit).
Expected start date: Monday, May 23rd 2011
What I hope to accomplish:
- More muscle mass.
- Loss of a thin layer of fat off of my hips, stomach and arms.
- Increased energy.
- Less temptation to spend days at a time preparing food and eating it (obsessively).
- More control over my "cravings" and food-desires overall.
- Shorter recovery time after shoveling a lot in the yard. (Already shorter than average, but hey, I love improvement.)
- Two-day menstrual periods. (Already down to averaging three days of bleeding; why not aim for two days? I've heard of women on rawvegan diets who barely trickle any blood out because their systems are so clean there is no need to detox through bleeding!)
- Longer endurance. (Up to being able to walk a couple miles and run a roughly two city blocks. I want to be able to run half a mile by Christmas.) (I was hardly able to walk as far as I can now run when I was a small child without being incredibly tired, cranky and uncomfortable.)
- Learn what the juice-feasting buzz is all about!
*smiles and warm hugs for all*
~ Raederle Phoenix