Wednesday, September 8, 2010

[Detox Blog] Day 6 of 90

A good friend of mine wrote me; a member of my writer's group. She told me about how well she's doing which really brought my spirits up. She asked me how I was doing in my life aside from my writing.

I wrote;
Friend,

Besides the novel writing, I'm striving towards becoming a 100% raw foodist. Which means: nothing cooked, ever.

It sounds extreme but it's incredibly healthy. People have cured cancer, diabetes and countless other "incurable" issues by going 100% raw.

Going raw isn't easy though. It means finding your nuts not pasteurized. No pasteurized juice. It means throwing veggies in the blender every day for a green drink. Growing as much of your own food as possible for maximum enzyme content. Buying as much of your groceries as possible from farmer's markets.

People lose weight they've had all their lives, shed depression that no pill could solve, and experience more energy than they believed possible. I've met enough raw foodists to be convinced that it works, and I've done enough reading to understand the science behind why it works.

Now the only issue is that I hate the taste of almost all raw vegetables, and you can't have a balanced raw diet unless 50% of your diet is green leaves (spinach, lettuce, cabbage, raspberry leaves, mache, etc), 20% is vegetables (carrots, beets, broccoli, etc.), 20% is fruit (mangoes, melons, berries, etc.) and 10% is raw nuts (generally these are whatever nuts you can get your hands on raw. Most all nuts are pasteurized as a rule.) I can't make that ratio easily, but that's roughly what it needs to be if I really want to be healthy.

What most people who've met me within the past two years don't know is that I've struggled with one chronic illness after another my entire life. Chickenpox twice, mono four times, and strep throat over twenty times in my lifetime. I was constantly tired my entire childhood (until I was roughly 14), and so on and so on and so on.

It's been a lot of work just to get to a place where I don't get sick constantly, but now I want to reach a level of health where I can have a snowball fight, or spend a full day at the beach, or spend an entire day walking around a city or go on a hike up a mountain. I used to believe those things would never be possible for me, but after meeting raw foodists who are over the age of 70 who have more energy and vitality than I ever dreamed of having for myself, I now know it's not possible, but that I'm going to make it happen: eventually.

~Raederle


The new detox regime is a bit more relaxed, due to not wanting to revisit how awful I felt in the recent past. I'll write about my intentions tomorrow (hopefully). It turns out that detoxing can be a rather consuming project.


Total consumption overview for the day:

2 detox pills, and 2 enzyme pills.

3 tall glasses of water.

1 green drink (spinach, lettuce, green onions, celery, carrot & carrot top, cucumber).

1 handful of raw pistachios.

Quarter of an apple.

Half of a lemon.

2 celery sticks filled with raw almond butter.

A few mouth-fulls of coconut water.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What brings you here? What are you thoughts? Do you consider yourself a raw foodist? Approximately how much of your diet is raw? Do you consider yourself healthy? What would you like to see more of on this blog? Will you be back? Is this too many questions?