Wednesday, June 2, 2010

[Article] Genetically Modified... I'll take the weeds growing in the cracks of the cement instead.

Someone whom I care about told me today that they wouldn't "stoop" to eating 'weeds.' I tried to explain that it wasn't 'stooping' and sent her the following video;




Visit Markus Rothkranz's Site





I was disappointed when she told me she thought the video was funny and that her mind hadn't changed one bit. I pointed out that dandelion leaves are sold in stores all around the world, and that many common weeds are sold in 'salad tubs' in Europe, but she said, "If I did that, I'd alienate myself."

I was flabbergasted. I've found the Raw Food Community to be the most welcoming and loving group of people I've ever met. I love going to raw food potlucks and attending workshops and learning how to make new dishes. I don't feel excluded or alienated from the rest of the world. On the contrary, I feel bad for everyone who doesn't know about the amazing truth they're missing out on.

The rest of the world that she is afraid of alienating, and herself, are loading up on refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, propaganda, foreign child-labor goods and genetically modified plants; I'm not too worried about being excluded from the sheeple club, personally.

If you were redirected to this page with a link called "Monsanto" or "GMOs," the information that used to be on this page about Monsanto and GMOs is still on this site, as well as additionally information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What brings you here? What are you thoughts? Do you consider yourself a raw foodist? Approximately how much of your diet is raw? Do you consider yourself healthy? What would you like to see more of on this blog? Will you be back? Is this too many questions?