Tuesday, September 20, 2011

[Blog] Phase 2: Killing Bacteria

As I wrote about on September 4th in a blog entry called The Diet for Intestinal Flora Health, I am on a special revision of my diet targeted at balancing my intestinal flora.

For anyone whose been following my blog for a long time, they may be aware of my past failures to complete my initial goals. For example, when I first became a raw vegan in September of 2010 (just over a year ago), I attempted to do a water fast. On day 1 my plan to do a water fast was going well. But by day three it devolved into simply becoming 100% raw vegan.


I was extremely good about being 100% raw vegan, only ever slipping down to 98% raw vegan (by having a cook serving of food during the week), until the move in April 2011. As I talked about in the entry "Staying Raw While Moving" -- I didn't manage it. I didn't go completely nuts and backtrack, but I was having cooked food upward of three times a week. The month of April was a mess for me. I was stressed out, not eating well, and not feeling good.

In June I was getting serious about recovery and tried a Juice Feast for the first time. As I explained in this entry, which ought to be titled "Juice Feast Failure, I discovered that I am very addicted to solid foods.

This time, however, I am happy to announce that I am on day 16, and I'm not only sticking with my initial intentions. I've gone beyond them!

As I mentioned in the entry I wrote 16 days ago, I've been breaking out since the move. Finally, at long last, my forehead is no longer covered in tiny pimples. However, this didn't happen just from my original plan of abstaining from fruit.

I decided I needed to take it a step further on day 12, and these past few days I've been also abstaining from all fat. No more nuts!

I was eating a cup of nuts a day trying to fill that void that the fruit left behind.

And not only am I abstaining from fruit and fat, I'm emphasizing juice especially. This morning I drank a giant jar of vegetable juice for breakfast consisting of lettuce, cucumber, lemon and carrot. If I used measuring cups to fill that jar, I'd estimate... 6 cups for the full jar, I probably drank 5 cups.

This is huge for me. Before this "fast from fruit" I never had drank more than a cup or two of vegetable juice at one time. Before this I hated plain celery sticks, which I'm munching on as I type this.

I'm now in Phase 2 of this plan: bacteria killing. Lots of garlic and supplements which move bacteria out of the body.

Am I eating entirely 100% raw? Well, no. I am eating quinoa in controlled portions, and also drinking herbal tea. I've been keeping a detailed log of everything since the first day. So here is the log:


Sunday, September 4th, 2011
Day 1
Ate: A tiny apple for breakfast.
Several nori wraps. Spiced seeds and nuts.
Kelp noodles with chard, nuts, vinegar, coconut aminos and spices.
Nori wraps with avocado, tomato, spinach, etc.
Day log: No discomfort.

Monday, September 5th, 2011
Day 2
Ate: Plain Amande yogurt with maca, vitamin powder and around nine whole cocoa beans.
Several dried 'superfruit' berries (completely wrong for the diet).
Some of Jay's green juice that contained tomato. Store-bought kale chips.
Kelp noodles with cabbage, nuts and hot sauce.
Day log: Extreme exhaustion. Could hardly stand without being dizzy.
Jay experienced the same: fatigue and dizziness.
Mild fever, feeling cold and then really hot. Random sweating out of the blue during the day.
Powerful cravings for watermelon in particular.

Tuesday, September 6th, 2011
Day 3
Ate: Half a grapefruit for breakfast.
Plain Amande yogurt with maca, vitamin powder and around seven whole cocoa beans.
Green juice that contained carrot, lemon and wild yard plants. Home-made kale chips.
Kelp noodles with kale, nuts, and garlic.
One nori wrap made from onion, nori, spinach, kale, salt, olive oil and spices.
Popcorn before bed with salt.
Day log: Grapefruit tasted somewhat sweeter than usual, but perhaps it was just a good grapefruit.
Mild cravings that lessened throughout the day. Woke up with several "loaded" pimples. Woke up with much more energy than Monday morning, but feeling emotionally dependent.
Fell asleep fairly easily and slept well.

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011
Day 4
Ate: Half a grapefruit for breakfast.
Plain Amande yogurt with maca, cinnamon, nutmeg, vitamin powder and four whole cocoa beans.
Drank a glass of carrot-lemon-cabbage juice.
Several handfuls of home-made kale chips.
A nori wrap with some kale on it and a little olive oil. A few spiced nuts.
One celery rib with almond butter, one celery rib eaten with alternating bites of spicy pistachios.
A few gulps of plain kombucha.
A glass of carrot-celery-kale juice. A bowl of quinoa.
Day log: Woke up with good amount of energy at 11:30am. I woke up before Jay.
Grapefruit tasted incredibly sweet, like a date had been added to the juice. My taste must be changing.
Started feeling really tired and blah around 6:30pm.
Feeling fairly alert and awake, but having lots of muscle pains at 8:30pm.

Thursday, September 8th, 2011
Day 5
Ate: Carrot-cucumber juice for breakfast.
Followed shortly by home-made kale chips. A few spiced nuts.
Two nori wraps with avocado, mixed greens, onion, a little kale and spices.
A few macadamia nuts. A bowl of quinoa.
Fennel-carrot-celery-wheatgrass juice for dinner with home-made kale chips. Spiced nuts.
Day log: Woke up feeling a bit lethargic at 11:30pm.
Coughed a bit in the bathroom, and sneezed a bit in the kitchen. I feel strange.
Been feeling fatigued most of the day, especially during and after the walk.
We ate the nori wraps with avocado right before the walk, which may be part of why I was so tired.
I perked up a bit after the quinoa.

Friday, September 9th, 2011
Day 6
Ate: A bite of fresh broccoli from the yard. A few tart dried berries (goldenberries?) for breakfast. A few blackberries from outside. Spiced nuts. Lettuce-carrot-celery-wheatgrass juice. A few macadamia nuts. Lettuce-carrot-celery juice. Kelp noodles. A bowl of quinoa. Kale chips, home-made.
Day log: Woke up feeling pretty good at 10:30am.
Felt distinctly like I had slept a bit longer than needed, but okay.
Had a good day overall.

Saturday, September 10th, 2011
Day 7
Ate: Half a grapefruit for breakfast.
Kelp noodles, a half-nori wrap, a little piece of celery with almond-macadamia butter, a tiny piece of tomato and some slices of bell pepper for brunch.
Lettuce-carrot-cucumber-celery juice for lunch, which was very hydrating and pleasant.
Home-made kale chips and lettuce chips. A few spiced nuts.
A simple nori wrap (onion, cucumber, lettuce, olive oil, spices).
Kelp noodles with one lemon, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, almonds and a little walnut, and the tiniest amount of vinegar and coconut aminos.
Day Log: Got up to the alarm at 7:45am.
Did an enema first thing this morning and was amazed by how energized it made me feel. I did it with the motivation of getting rid of the gassy-ness I've been experiencing the past few days. Feeling energized was an unexpected bonus.
Catered the meeting I attended today, bringing what I described as my brunch. I also brought a sweet-ice-cream-pudding which I didn't eat any of. (I didn't even lick my fingers when coming into contact with it!)

Sunday, September 11th, 2011
Day 8
Ate: Half a grapefruit for breakfast.
Half a tiny home-grown seeded watermelon. (My half was about the size of a fist.)
Juice made up of the rind of the tiny watermelon, cucumber, lettuce and a little bit of wheatgrass.
A couple nibbles on herbs in the yard.
A mono-meal of macadamia nuts (about half a cup.)
A nori wrap with tomatillos, leafy stuff, onion, cucumber, and cold-pressed olive oil.
Kelp noodles with macadamia-almond-brazil-butter, lemon juice, tomatillos and salt.
Cucumber-lettuce-lemon juice. A bowl of quinoa.
Day log: Got up at 10:00am, went to church. Came home and transplanted strawberries. I was surprised at how little energy I had to dig the strawberry plants. I went into it feeling energized, but within then minutes I was sweating heavily and feeling fatigued. This is unusual for me since I became a raw foodist and began walking more often. Despite the fatigue I got the job done, and then I helped Jay with some shelf assembly and shelf carrying.
Not gassy today. I suspect it was due either to the kale chips or the spiced pistachios I was eating.

Monday, September 12th, 2011
Day 9
Ate: Half a grapefruit for breakfast. Spinach-cucumber juice for brunch.
Kelp noodles with macadamia-brazil-nut-butter, maca, vitamin powder, salt, lemon, and one cup of spinach blended into the nut butter.
Wheatgrass-lemon-spinach-carrot juice. A bowl of quinoa. [Dance classes.]
Celery with home-made nut butter made up of half macadamia nuts and half almonds, vitamin powder, spinach and a little maca. A bowl of quinoa.
Pills taken: 2 detox pills, 1 vitamin B, a spoonful of vitamin powder, a spoonful of maca.
Day log: Got up at 10:40am. Had pleasant detailed dreams.
I think I should start logging the vitamins and other tablets I'm taking on this log. I've been taking Markus Rothkranz's anti-parasite pills, which I generally call "detox pills" fairly inaccurately, but it's a shorter name than calling them anti-parasite tablets. I've been taking some vitamins here and there, none of them very consistently. I took the last few tablets of enzymes towards the beginning. Note that I generally only take a B-vitamin supplement, in particular for the purpose of getting B12.
As I was drinking the wheatgrass blend I kept telling myself that I liked the juice, and for a brief moment the flavor in my mouth was entirely different. The wheatgrass tasted like the first time I had Marty's freshly made wheatgrass juice. The flavor was back to it's true flavor, and not how my body interprets the flavor based on silly detox reactions. And then the moment past and it was back to tasting nauseating. I've never had this happen before, so it was really fascinating and awesome.
Took two dance classes back to back from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Felt excellent during and after class.

Tuesday, September 13th, 2011
Day 10
Ate: Half a grapefruit for breakfast. Lettuce-wheatgrass-carrot-greenbean-tomatillo juice for brunch. Some millet with salt.
Avocado by itself. [1 detox pill] Handful of macadamia nuts.
Kelp noodles with sauce made up of: juice of lime, 2/3rds cup macadamia nuts, 1/3rd cup almonds, handful of spinach, maca, vitamin powder, and a couple drops of coconut aminos and a couple drops of vinegar, a few pinches of salt
Several slices of red pepper (around a third of a bell pepper) eaten at the Writer's Meeting.
A bowl of quinoa.
Pills taken: 3 detox pills, half a spoonful of vitamin powder, most of a spoonful of maca
Day log: Got up at 9:05am, feeling good.
Been feeling good pretty much all day. Started getting pretty sore (from the dance classes last night) around 2pm, and started to get progressively more and more sore. My entire back, sides and thighs complain a bit when I move around now at 9:22pm. My mood is still pretty good though.

Wednesday, September 14th, 2011
Day 11
Ate: Whole grapefruit for breakfast. Macadamia nuts.
A nori wrap. Some of Jay's cooked soup made up of carrot, cabbage, celery, onion, garlic and brown rice.
At the Gathering Wellness Forum I ate four or five slices of "onion bread" which is made up of flax, onion and some other seeds.
I ate several servings of the kelp-noodle dish which didn't appear to have any nuts added to it like the dishes I make with them. It include sesame seeds. The dish I brought and ate quite a bit of was shredded carrot, cabbage, pablano pepper, onion, lime juice and salt.
Pills taken: 1 detox pill
Day log: Had a great meeting at Gathering Wellness Forum, felt like sitting around the table with family. Spent most of the day prior to that working on a fantasy novel.

Thursday, September 15th, 2011
Day 12
Ate: Half a grapefruit for breakfast. Handful of macadamia nuts.
Almond-walnut-butter on a stick of celery.
Kelp noodles with sauce made up of: juice of lime, macadamia nuts, almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts, maca, vitamin powder, and a couple drops of coconut aminos, a few drops of cold pressed olive oil, a couple drops of vinegar, and a few pinches of salt.
Six or so macadamia nuts.
Kombucha on the way home from the grocery store.
Carrot-cabbage-kale-wheatgrass juice.
A bowl of quinoa.
Pills taken: half a spoonful of vitamin powder, a spoonful of maca
Day log: Got up around 10:40am. Had a good day for the most part. Been working on the fantasy novel most of today as well. Enjoyed a walk to the store with my husband, although it was much colder than expected.

Friday, September 16th, 2011
Day 12
Ate: Glass of water. [Detox pill.] Bowl of raspberries breakfast. Kombucha. A few goldenberries.
[Bromelain] Glass of water.
Large amount of carrot-cabbage-lettuce-garlic-sorrel-lemon-basil-wheatgrass juice.
Glass of water. [Enzyme] Several goldenberries.
Glass of water. [Enzyme] Cooked onion and garlic soup mixed with raw chopped up tomato and carrot-cabbage-lettuce-garlic-sorrel-lemon-basil juice.
Pills taken: 1 detox pill, 1 bromelain, 2 enzyme tablets
Water intake: 4 glasses of water
Day log: Got up around 11:20am.
I've developed a number of breast lumps. I've had a single lump in the same place varying slightly in size for eight years. Only in the past few months have other lumps began to develop. It's likely the change started when we moved back.
I've heard that Buffalo, NY is a high spot for breast cancer, so there is pollution here that could be contributing. It could be cancer.
Another explanation is that as I've been moving toxins and bacteria out of my intestine, I may not have been providing my body with enough water and vegetables to fully flush things out, causing my body to dump toxins and dead cell waste into my breasts in lumps.
By avoiding fruit, as this log illustrates, I've been consuming an insane amount of nuts, more than I've ever consumed in my life, including when I first became a raw vegan. It's possible that the nuts contain a toxin that has caused the lumps, or contain a bacteria, or both. It's also possible that their high fat content is a large contributor to the lumps.
Whatever the case may be, today marks a change in the trend.
Went for a walk/run and did a little martial arts in the park.

Saturday, September 17th, 2011
Day 13
Ate: Two glasses of water. Kombucha.
Large amount of carrot-lemon-lettuce-cinnamon-nutmeg juice.
Two glasses of water. Large amount of carrot-lettuce-cabbage-celery-wheatgrass-maca juice.
Two nori wraps without any oil. Nori wraps contained lettuce, onion, tomatillos, and lemon juice.
Two glasses of water. One spoonful of spices nuts.
[Bromelain, Enzyme] Three nori wraps without any oil. Nori wraps contained lettuce, onion, cabbage, tomatillos, spices, and lemon juice.
Pills taken: a spoonful of maca, 1 bromelain, 1 enzyme tablet
Water intake: 6 glasses of water
Day log: Got up around 11:30am.
Went for a walk/run. Been a cold day.

Sunday, September 18th, 2011
Day 14
Ate: One glass of water. Half a grapefruit for breakfast.
Large amount of carrot-lemon-lettuce-cinnamon-nutmeg juice.
Two nori wraps with lettuce, lemon juice, onion and tomatillo. One or two celery ribs.
Half a grapefruit. A couple gulps of kombucha.
Small amount of carrot-lettuce-cabbage-celery-wheatgrass-maca-vitamin-ginger juice.
Two glasses of water. Two celery ribs.
Two large bowls of quinoa.
[Bromelain] A cup of tea.
Pills taken: a pinch of maca, pinch of vitamin powder, 1 bromelain
Water intake: 4 glasses of water
Day log: Got up at 8:45am.
Played Carcassonne with Roy (brother) and Mom. Played Innovation with Asa (friend), Mom and Jay (husband).
Was somewhat tired and strung-out most of the day, but clear-headed. Mild burps, and the very tiniest tiniest amount of gas. Hiccups were common throughout the day.

Monday, September 19th, 2011
Day 15
Ate: One glass of water.
Vegetable juice.
Three celery ribs.
Carrot-lettuce-cucumber-cabbage-celery-wheatgrass-ginger juice.
Half a grapefruit. A few gulps of kombucha. Several bites of carrot.
The other half of the grapefruit. A cup of herbal tea.
Pills taken: 5 detox pills, 2 enzymes, 2 bromelain
Water intake: 4 glasses of water
Day log: Got a lot of work done. Had very few cravings at all today. It's been a day of progress. I've never previously enjoyed plain celery sticks and plain carrots.

And today so far:

Tuesday, September 20th, 2011
Day 16
Ate: One glass of water.
A tremendously gigantic jar of lettuce-cucumber-carrot juice.
Three celery ribs.
Added after this entry was originally posted:
Garden Juice (explained in log).
One third of a red bell pepper.
A gulp of kombucha. A bite of celery.
Two medium bowels of quinoa. A gulp of kombucha. A few bites of brown rice.
Pills taken: 4 detox pills, 2 enzymes, 1 bromelain
Water intake: 4 glasses of water
Day log: Got up around 10:45am.
I'm feeling excellent at the moment. I spent a half hour in the garden looking after my plants and harvesting and I made this super strong juice from what I picked. Here's what went into it from the garden: 4 fairly small burdock roots, 5 sorrel plants (including roots), 1 stalk of broccoli including small 'flower-tops', 1 long leek leaf, 5 small strings of thyme, 5 small strands of garlic-chives, 2 dandelion leaves, 8 springs of parsley, 1 long thin stalk of fennel with flowers, and 5 small lettuce leafs. And additionally from the kitchen: 2 lemons, half a really hot 'banana' pepper, 2 cloves of garlic, and a very small pinch of wheatgrass blades.
Although, as I write this the nausea is starting to come on. I ate some red bell pepper as chaser. This stuff was super spicy hot. I diluted it in water and despite that it still burned.

PS: A lot of my formatting is going awry. I blame blogger. It seems to be stripping much html codes and doing weird things to them.

As the log shows, I haven't been perfect, but I've stuck to the core principles of what I'm trying to accomplish. (The goal of this diet and how abstaining from sweet fruit accomplishes it is explained in the entry I wrote the first day embarking on this.)

I'm quite pleased with myself, and my progress. My cravings are dramatically reduced, and many things body-wide are beginning to clear up. What I'm doing is the stuff of curing cancer, and it feels great to be doing it.

Thanks for reading!!!

~ Raederle

If you haven't seen it yet, check out this photo time-line that shows my progression from 2004 to 2011 in a stream of photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What brings you here? What are you thoughts? Do you consider yourself a raw foodist? Approximately how much of your diet is raw? Do you consider yourself healthy? What would you like to see more of on this blog? Will you be back? Is this too many questions?